1. How do I join a team in my area?
2. How much does it cost to enter an event?
3. Our church is entering a team into a local competition, but I will be out-of-town on that date. Can I still join Team Alpha and solicit sponsorships even though I can't run locally? I will pledge to complete my event in the location I am traveling to. If I do this, do I still need to sign-up for the event and pay the entry fee?
- If you are out-of-town and want to cover the same distance as the event while away on the same day, you could still ask people for sponsorship. You probably don't need to pay the event entry fee. Let those you ask for sponsorship know what you intend to do – you don’t want confusion on competition day if friends come to cheer you on and you are not there!
4. I want my friend (from outside the church) to be on Team Alpha with me, how do I get them set-up?
- When you sign-up to join the team add an extra T-shirt for your friend.
- Give your friend the website to register for the event.
- Do not ask your friend to raise funds for Alpha USA if they have never been through a course.
5. I want to raise funds for a specialty ministry that Alpha is involved with (for example, prison or marriage), but I am in a location that does not have a Team Alpha event. Can I link to a team in another area?
If you don't find an event in your area already listed, but want to help raise funds for a specialty ministry, contact Alpha USA email@example.com
and we will help you find an event to enter in your area.
6. If someone gives you cash for the fundraising part, how do I handle that?
- The best way to deal with that is to write a check for the amount donated to you and send it to: Finance Department, Alpha USA, 2275 Half Day Road, Suite 185, Bannockburn, IL 60015
- Make the check to: Alpha USA
- Memo: Team Alpha – (include region or specialty ministry designation).
- Log into your fundraising page and add the amount as an offline gift so it goes against your fundraising total
7. Is there a deadline to join Team Alpha?
- The deadline is one week before the event date, so we can mail you your team T-shirt.
- Most events have a registration deadline listed on their website.
8. I created a fundraising page for an event on Firstgiving, and am now participating in a new event, do I need to create a new page?
Log into your Firstgiving account, and select the new event.
Create a new page for the event - you can copy and paste content from the original page you set up and adapt it for the new event.